how to prevent scan upon "move to recycle bin"?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mackal, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mackal

mackal Registered Member

Is there a way that NOD32 could be told not to scan files when they are being deleted or placed into the Recycle Bin (by the usual means: drag'n'drop onto bin, Delete key in Explorer, etc.)? It seems to me scanning files at this stage is somewhat pointless... The superfluous scanning in such cases is usually unobtrusive, but occasionally it can bring the delete operation to a slow grind, especially if you delete a lot of files which require more involved scanning (e.g., in my case, a large quantity of packed executables, which NOD32 I guess has to unpack first, and which therefore takes a bit of time...)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can exclude the Recycle bin folder where deleted files are stored from scanning in the AMON setup.

3. mackal

mackal Registered Member

Ah, that makes sense, thanks! I guess since I have multiple drives, I need to exclude c:\recycled, d:\recycled, etc.? (i.e., there is no single collective "Recycle bin" (virtual) folder/URI anywhere?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.