How to permanently disable the firewall?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by aalaap, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aalaap

aalaap Registered Member

I've got a corporate as well as an ISP firewall on my connection, so I really don't need one running on my machine. I've disabled Windows Firewall, but for some reason I can't keep the new Eset Smart Security firewall off permanently. Everytime I reboot, it comes back on. None of the settings (automatic or interactive) are really working the way I want them to, so I keep having to disable it everytime I reboot. I've got the second beta release right now, but the firewall problem prevails.

I'm using Windows Vista Business edition.

- Aalaap
    www.aalaap.com

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

For now you can't have the firewall uninstalled, and yes, it will come back. However, try the following : Set it into interactive mode, Then in the firewall setup, create a rule like this:

Direction: Both, Action : Allow, Protocol : TCP & UDP, and leave all blank in the "local" and "remote" part. The rule should now apply to all connections which are then allowed, and the firewall will not prompt you anymore.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you don't need Eset's firewall , then you can use NOD32 Antivirus only
    Trial version or Full paid version

and when the beta is over , you can transfer to either NOD32 v3 or ESS , depending on your needs :thumb:

4. aalaap

aalaap Registered Member

Hmm.. never thought of this!

I'll have to re-install the new beta to try this out. I uninstalled it cuz it got too annoying :ouch: and now I'm running without any anti-virus! :shifty:

Thanks!

- Aalaap
    www.aalaap.com

5. aalaap

aalaap Registered Member

Are they going to be two separate products? I thought the next version of NOD32 was ESS, that's why its ESS 3.0. If there was a NOD32 v3, why wouldn't they release a beta for that too?

o_O

- Aalaap
    www.aalaap.com

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Eset are going to have two different products -> Eset Smart Security and Eset NOD32

Eset Smart Security includes firewall , anti-spam and anti-threat protection
    Eset NOD32 includes anti-threat protection only.

Eset cannot force users use firewall when sometimes it is not necessary (as may be in your case) or anti-spam .

If you don't want firewall and anti-spam feautures you can use NOD32 , which will adequatedly protect you from threats (viruses,spyware,trojans,rootkits , etc) . Just because it is v 2.7 does not mean it is worse than ESS when it comes to threat detection :thumb:

I gave you links where you can download it . You can try it for free for 30 days and then buy if you like it . Existing Eset clients (NOD32 users) will for free upgrade to NOD32 v3 Anti-Threat system

7. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Thanx
    Going totry this tonight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.