How to optimize Webroot DT FW V1.3 Bld 52

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Escalader, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Attached are 3 jpg's I have set up for this FW on trial.

I am particularly interested in any loose green always accept permissions you may see. Windows programs were from imported common setting the vendor provided me. If you see a flaw please provide me with the reason for your changes:D

This is an open thread from my point of view but I won't participate in vendor bashing. I know there are other good FW's so this is a continuation of the ZA Pro learning thread which after 200 posts I'm taking a break from. This tool is simpler and a less controversial vendor which IMHO impends learning.

My main goal is control of outbound packets which have no business leaving our PC's.

Attached Files:

2. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Hello Escalader,

I see you are continuing your search for a better firewall. A noble quest indeed! :cool:

I took a look at Webroot DTFW awhile back to see if I could find any info. I think I saw some really old post on this forum (or possibly another I can't remember). Web searches revealed some problem or another that I think was subsequently fixed. But basically I couldn't find much about the current state of the software. I couldn't find any reviews or leak test results or anything else. I couldn't even figure out how old the current build is. Maybe someone on this forum has some experience or insight...

Best of Luck.

3. 12fw

12fw Registered Member

Hello Escalader

There is this review of the webroot fw at the pcflank site

http://www.pcflank.com/art56_1.htm

You may have trouble getting to the pcflank site if the antispy in the ZA is enabled- it blocks that site.

12fw

4. Escalader

Thank's Oldshep:
    Yes, the search continues. I have seen hundreds of posts on the various ZA threads here, many quite heated. It's hard to learn in the middle of a flaming post war. (that may have been the goal of the HJ'ers)

But after 200 posts or so enough is enough. I now know how to optimize ZA Pro's settings through program settings and for members who want my help on that all they have to do is PM me. On open posts it just attracts a swarm of HJ's.

By the way, contact me and let me know what your own FW state is, if you have time!

5. Escalader

6. 12fw

12fw Registered Member

No problems Escalader. I just let you know.

12fw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.