How to multipost

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by david banner, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Can someone please tell me how to multipost like fcukdat has in post 21 at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=192512

I know I have to click on the multipost icon but I stiil I end up with all the text in the greyish quote box. How can I put the quoted piece in a greyish box of its own and have the ordinary white background above below it. It will save me having to copy and paste not only here but other boards

Thanks!

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Don't forget you can select (specifically, trim down) what you're quoting in the first part (with the "Posted by...." notation).

For subsequent parts, just highlight them and hit the "quote" button in your reply-box toolbar (looks sorta like a speech "balloon" in the comics).

(Edit) It's probably a lot simpler to do that second part first before doing the first part, so that you've still got all of the original in front of you. I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable to advise a quick-and-easy way (if there is such a thing) to include quotes from several different postings.

3. david banner

Now I have highlghted two paras you wrote and I want to see if this will come out right. If I post again under a ----line it hasn't. Thanks

4. david banner

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did I go wrong with the greyish box? Should it not end with both your quotes in a box of their own rather than all the quoted material in one box

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Take a look at this thread first for the basics on quoting...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12498

And note that it comes down entirely to having proper and balanced opening and closing QUOTE tags around the other person's text, but not around any of your reply text.

6. david banner

OK many thanks

7. david banner

Have looked, even with the 'wrap quote tags' icon you still have to manually put a closing quote tag on the piece of text you want to quote? I understand if that is it, I thought the 'wrap quote tags' icon completely enclosed the text.

8. LowWaterMark

Well, no, I haven't seen that as an issue. If you highlight some text that you want to wrap in quote tags in the reply window, and then hit the Wrap button, it will put the opening quote tag before it and the closing tag after it. At least it's always worked here. Is it giving you only an opening quote tag?

9. david banner

10. david banner

Think I have it now thanks for that!

11. LowWaterMark

Looks like you got it this time. Of course, when you first hit the Quote button to make your reply, it starts out already with ALL the post's text in QUOTE tags. That's why you have the extra [ quote=LowWaterMark ] at the top. If you are going to multi-quote, then you'll always have to handle that tag set manually.

12. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Geez...I wish folks would refrain from that horrible multiposting! It is choppy, impossible to follow...I don't read posts that do that. I think folks should learn how to properly answer a post with a coherent reply that involves writing skills.

13. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Better watch it Mele, GVG's likely to flame you for that opinion. :D:D;)

GF

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That is indeed your prerogative but do except the fact that many have no problem what so ever with multiposting.
    I think you should except the fact you are in a small minority and the learning curve in regards to coherently reading a multiposting is easily attainable o_O

Oh I'm sorry....you didn't make it this far did you....since you don't read posts that do that :p

Since the thread starter has succesfully accomplished his multipost problem....we'll bring this thread to a close.

Bubba....lacking n riting skills :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.