How to merge this "unallocated" partition to another one?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by fans01, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fans01

fans01 Registered Member

Hi, all. there is unallocated partitionI want to merge to another one E:\. I created a partition as J:\. After I merge it using the method of creating a new folder to E:\, and then commit the operation. But the J:\ partition is still visible as "unallocated" one. What can I doo_O?

2. Perderabo

Perderabo Registered Member

I don't know what you mean by unallocated partition. But I created two partitions F and G, both NTFS, both 5 GB, and certainly both "allocated". I selected G and merged it to F. I created a F:\driveg to receive the data from G and I put a txt file in both partitions.

After the merge but prior to the commit I see F:, G: -> F: in the pending op window. I click on "Proceed" and now I have a 10 GB F: and no sign of a G:. And explorer shows that driveg directory now has the txt file from G:. So merge seems to work for me. The two partitions were adjacent, I'm not sure if yours are. And I'm still not sure what an unallocated partition is supposed to be. If you have unallocated space and you want a bigger partition maybe you should try resize instead.

3. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Question: Do you have a primary partition or all logical on that drive. If the later is the case then you can't merge it because that is where the partition table lies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.