How To Manage Duplicate Clients in ERAC?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by pray4mojo, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pray4mojo

pray4mojo Registered Member

My company is currently in the process of renaming all of our workstations, company-wide. Unfortunately the ERAC is seeing these newly renamed workstations as "new" workstations and we're quickly going over our license count that we originally purchased. How can I permanently remove the old names from the ERAC so that we're not in any violation of our license agreement?

Example: There is a workstation named SITEWxxxx and one that is named Wxxxx but they are both the same physical machine and are showing up in the ERAC as (2) separate machines. Only one installation was done on the machine. The only thing triggering this is the rename.

We are using version 3.1.15

Thanks!

2. pray4mojo

Anybody?

3. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

4. pray4mojo

Not having luck opening up the link you provided. Will try it again later. Maybe ESET is just having issues with the kb.

Thank you.

5. pray4mojo

Finally got it to load. Yes I have tried that option in the Console settings.

Did that yesterday and still had duplicate entries.

Will changing the setting listed below to "yes" (also in the same area of Advanced Settings) help at all?

Enable computer name renaming

6. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I'm thinking yes. The ERA needs at least one thing to identify computers by. This can either be MAC address or Computer name. There are multiple options for renaming one based upon the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.