How to make my computer invisible in Internet?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by nicoman, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Just installed a fresh copy of LNS. I look forward to messing around with it for hte next 30 days.

I loaded up the enhanced ruleset for starters. I am sure I will be loading up Phantom's ruleset soon tho.

One question about LNS for starters. Does it alert you to application changes a la something similar to Sygate?

Thanks and Regards,

Jag

2. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Jag,
    It sure does and if you would like to check this link:

http://www.looknstop.com/En/application_filtering.htm

And it is very simple,and works great!,good luck

also here are some other helpful links on LnS to help you out more:

http://www.looknstop.com/En/internet_filtering.htm

http://www.looknstop.com/En/log.htm

http://www.looknstop.com/En/performances.htm

http://www.looknstop.com/En/plugin.htm

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  3. Trooper

Kush,

Thanks very much for the help. :D

One more question. Do I really need to configure my LNS as shown HERE.

I do have a Linksys BEFSX41 taking the front line assaults, just fyi. ;)

Jag

4. Trooper

Sorry to be a n00b here but, with the enhanced ruleset, all I need to do is apply it?

I see that MOST of the rules have a red circle near them which I thought meant that the rule is blocked and or disabled? Am I correct here?

Do I need to enable all the rules with the circle on them? Or is having the red circle mean that the rule is enabled and therefore protecting my system?

Thanks,

Jag

5. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Jaguar,

Yes, just load it and apply it.The rules which have a red stop sign are rules that are blocked, if there is a green check at the start of the rule, then it is active!,if there is no green check it is disabled!,even if there is a stop sign,you must put a green check to enable it,and for your first question:

I have read the thread and I am a bit lost on that question,since my set-up is very,very different,wish I knew the answer to that question,hopefully there is somebody who knows about this type of set-up and can help you out,so rather than giving you my guess,I feel would not be a good idea since I am not 100% sure what to do,and could possible make it unsafe for your O/S,I am sure somebody will help you out who is a 100% sure on your question,

But Patrice really seems to know how to set it up,so you can try it,if worse comes to worse, you would just have undo what you have done,good luck and wish I could help you more on this matter.,good luck Jaguar

6. Trooper

Well today I decided to load up Phantom's ruleset. However since doing so, I seem go have a lot of alerts in my log which I think I have now fixed by
    adding some new rules.

However, I repeatedly keep getting SNMP alerts in my log from the Block : All other packets rule.

I tried to setup a rule that is correct, but to no avail. Can someone help me setup a rule(s) for this please?

I have Windows XP Pro w/SP2
    Linksys BEFSX41

NOTE: It keeps trying to just climb up all of the ports with each attempt, so i guess I am looking for a global type of rule.

Thanks,

Jag

7. ???

??? Guest

Hi,

You said you created some rules and you think? You fixed it?are you sure?With LnS and Phantom's Rule-Set,you must know what you are doing.What rules did you add ? If you are a new user? You should start to learn the EnhancedRulesSet first,somebody on this thread provided a link to Phantom's Rule-Set,are you sure you have it set up correctly? If not just reload the EnhancedRulesSet.rls and when you are sure and know what you doing move on to Phantom's Rule-Set EnhancedRulesSet.rls,Phantom's Rule-Set is very easy if you have some experience with EnhancedRulesSet.rls first.

§à†áÑ

8. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Jag

Edit: ... disregard, see you found one answer in another post.

Regards,

CrazyM

Last edited: May 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.