How to make ewido anti-malware not pick certain files up as a virus (radmin)

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Trilobyte, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilobyte

Trilobyte Registered Member

For example, with Norton when it picks up Rserver as a virus, there's an always ignore option.

I can't find it in ewido, and it's keeps telling me it's a virus, and I bloody deleted it by mistake.

Need download radmin again, but don't want this to keep happening, how can I stop this?

I also have a msn add remover program, which it keeps picking up also, but I know it's fine.

So to sumerize, how do I make it relizse that certain files are fine,and to stop alerting me about them.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Once I know I can do this, I'm going to buy it.

It's pretty good.

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You can't exclude specific files from the scanner in the present version of ewido.

However, you do have the option to exclude Adware and Riskware from demand scans; just click Scanner/Scan Settings to make the adjustment.

It is good practice to Quarantine items detected and to retain them in the quarantine section until you are sure it is O.K. to permanently remove them. Quarantined items can always be restored if necessary.

3. Trilobyte

Trilobyte Registered Member

Thanks for the answer.

Isn't that kinda a bad thing, if your an advance user, and know if somethings safe. I keep getting alerted everytime I open Radmin, and I use it all the time for work.

This big flaw will prevent me from buying this software unless there is a way around it.

Big shame!

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

There may be a way round as far as demand scans are concerned; if RAdmin is found as 'Riskware' then you would need to click Scanner/Settings and untick the box for 'Scan for potential dangerous programs'.

Unfortunately it is not clear to me from your post whether your complaint concerns the Guard or demand scanner, or indeed whether the file is found as Riskware (which is not malware) or not. Riskware findings may be considered informational, so you don't need to configure the demand scanner to find them.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  5. SpiritWind

SpiritWind Registered Member

I had a similar problem a while back and filled out the "malware Request form" and submitted it to ewido and a few days later they removed it from their database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.