How to make "Backup Locations" work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WFulton, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WFulton

WFulton Registered Member

I have True Image Home 11.

I have declared a Backup Location folder, with limits 55GB, 6 files, and unlimited date. Manage Backup Location says I have 81GB in it, which seems a problem. With Windows explorer, I see there are 9 backup files in it (full backups), plus an acronis_backup_place.cfg file. It is 2 or 3 files over the 55GB limit, and 3 files over the 6 file limit. It has failed to honor limits the last three times. It will never delete to honor the 55GB or 6 file limit. Disk free space is 185GB.

When I do a backup, there is no way to select a "backup location", but I do go to this same folder (it says Backup Archive Location), and I do see there all the old 9 files, which is the 81GBs reported for it. But the limit says 55GB?

I am probably missing something, but how do I make this work to honor the size and file limits? Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well, I've just tried a test run, to see if I can duplicate your problem, and all I can say is I wished I hadn't!

TI has gone into a loop, produced one mega 12.3GB file with a file name (which it shouldn't have) and then 6 backup place files with the 7th causing it hang. It won't even cancel the task after hitting the cancel button.

And it has now just deleted all the files that it has just imaged :(

Note in the screen shot that the progress bar wasn't working.

Early versions didn't so this.

Colin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Addendum, in the log I have the error message that the backup rule has been violated and the backup age has been set to 1,209,600,000 (that's a long time). It also states it can't take an action against the violation.

Do you have similar entries in your log?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If V11 was a horse it would have been put down by the Vet by now.

Xpilot

5. WFulton

Oops! Sorry about that.. :)

No, but then mine is not attempting to delete anything.

Log appears to make three outer log entries for the backup. The first of those says "check for the backup location quota violation has started" and then says "no violation detected". Then the same for "number of backup files violation", not detected. But if it would just look, I think it could surely see that 9 files is more than 6 files. :)

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I'm curious, Does this happen only when doign inc or diff backups? If you make a task to do only full backups, do those work?

7. WFulton

I'm sorry, I dont know who the question is too? If to the OP, then I only do Full backups, and I dont use any kind of task or schedule... I just click on Backup and start it manually. It never deletes at the backup location when the quotas are met.

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you plan to run backups manually and work with quotas, then schedule a task as "do not run". Then click on that task anytime you want a new backup created.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.