How to make a BartPE True Image CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gate1975mlm, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Someone told me I should make a BartPE True Image Boot CD.

What are the benefits using a BartPE boot CD?

Also how do you make one?

And which would be the best version to use on Windows Vista?

I own 8 up to 11.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You only need to consider making a BartPE or VistaPE CD if the TI rescue CD doesn't work well with your hardware. In fact, the best way to handle that problem is to report it to Acronis who should provide you with a different .iso file to make a CD that supports your hardware better. This also provides them a chance to incorporate it into future versions.

BartPE and VistaPE are Windows, not Linux based, which means driver support is much better. Poor Linux drivers are the main problem with the TI rescue CD environment.

I have made a BartPE CD and the process looks scary but once you get into it, it isn't too bad since most of it is automated. You have to do a Full Install of TI (this may be version dependent) or perhaps download the plug-in from Acronis to build into the BartPE disk.

A better and easier way, IMO, is to use Mustang's plugins and method of making a CD. Making a VistaPE CD for TI11 was a lot easier than making a BartPE CD, IMO. Mustang charges a few dollars for his plugin and provides a free guide. Search the forum for a post by Mustang and you will find the info about how to get to his site. One thing, it isn't a 5 minute job to create one if you haven't done it before, be prepared to do a bit of reading and investigating!

If your TI CD works fine, I wouldn't bother unless you like to learn about new stuff.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I have also found that Bart PE is much faster when making and restoring sector images

To make one you will need the plugin from Acronis and then go to
    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ and follow instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.