How to limit backup size?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by baskervi, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baskervi

baskervi Registered Member

We are using Drive Backup 10, but the backups continue to grow in size. How do you limit this? Also, what function does "Set image file names automatically" do?

Thanks

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

1. Do you use scheduled backup? What kind of backup it creates: full or differential?

2. "Set image file names automatically" - means that archive names for scheduled task will be generated automatically regardless of the base full backup name.

3. baskervi

baskervi Registered Member

We do a full backup every night, but MWF we save to one folder and TTS we save to another folder. We also do a monthly backup to yet another folder. I didn't configure incremental or differential, as we have two USB drives that are randomly swapped out. I can never be sure when, so I felt this was the safest route.

The question still remains, though, the size of the backup archives keep growing. I'd like all previous backups to be overwritten.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

To overwrite previous backup each time you need to re-schedule backup tasks:
    In the step where option for scheduler are specified un-check the "Generate unique names" option. Then each backup starting 2nd time to run will overwrite the previous one.

As result you will always have only one recent backup file available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.