How to know specific internet address being contacted?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by RaLX, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaLX

RaLX Registered Member

Anybody knows a firewall, app, method to know what specific internet address is contacting one program installed on my pc (not only the ip or name machine) o_O

2. root

root Registered Member

The IP is the Internet Address. Do you mean physical address?

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Can Port Explorer do what you mean?
    www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer
    See if the free eval version you grab there can help you.
    PE shows all ports mapped to processes / IPs etc, resolves them, etc. So if it would be for instance a trojan on your system, you'll see it as a hidden process in most cases and you have various options to deal with it.
    Good luck!

BTW: physical address and name of the owner is still private. If you look in for instance ZoneAlarm/ ZAPro and use one of those log analysers like VisualZone you can get lot of info more then the DNS, possible MAC address (but these can be configured so are not a real proof) maybe you see some more items in backtracing the intruders.
    There might be more IP analysing software, post them here if you find them and they're legal.

4. RaLX

RaLX Registered Member

What I was looking was something that shows me the exact traffic of my system to the internet, for example, if a spyware connect to a machine to download something which is the exact path on the destination machine where was the downloaded it the archive.

In example, "http://www.spyware.com/ads/spy/application.exe" was the downloaded archive.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi RaLX,

Are you having troubles with some software you downloaded from there?
    I´m asking, because this resembles the link to the infamous VBouncer spyware.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.