How to keep something unblocked with Eset Firewall?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Rudajie, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudajie

Rudajie Registered Member

Hey I use Winamp Remote to connect my Xbox 360 to my PC for music etc. I've done this countless times before which having Eset Smart Security installed yet for some reason this time (moved and got Cable instead of DSL) it won't read that it's connected. I did a bit of "research" myself on this and discovered it was the Eset firewall when I would go into the running applications and click "Temporarily allow all connections" with Winamps Orb program. Is there anyway to set it so that it's permanent allowing of all connections with Orb? Thanks in advance!

2. Rudajie

Nobody has an answer...?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe you could try installing ESS v4 beta and switching the firewall to learning mode?

4. jboulet

jboulet Registered Member

I don't know if this will help or not, but open the ESet window and go to the Setup tab, At the very bottom of the Setup section you will see a selection for "Toggle Advanced Mode", Click that and then select "Yes". More option will Apear, Again at the very bottom you will see one that says "Enter Entire Advanced Setup Tree..." Click on that. Another window will open up, On the left hand side of that new window you will see a tree of setup options. One of the top selections is "Personal Firewall" Expand that and you woll be confronted with 5 Different selections. The one you are after is "Application Modification Detection Setup." And Possibly the "Rules and Zones" section.

Hope this helps

5. Rudajie

Yes I know about this but I still don't know how to set the rest up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.