How to install second OS (Linux)?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Victor Zhuravlev, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor Zhuravlev

Victor Zhuravlev Registered Member

Hello everybody!
    First, I'm sorry for my English - my native language is Russian.
    I've got a problem during install Linux. My hard drive (Maxtor, 40Gb) has 2 logical drives: a primary partition with WinXP (NTFS, 7.81 Gb) and a secondary partition with logical drive D:\, it size is about 25Gb. I tried to use unallocated space for second operation system that is Linux. I created two new partitions, one for swap, other for Linux (ext3). At that time I've already installed Acronis OS Selector 8.0 and it recognized my configuration correctly. During install, I choose to install LILO at the first sector of new partition. After restart I tried to find Linux loader by "Disk Administrator" (word-for-word translation from Russian, I don't know how it called in English version) and it found nothing. In addition, I found that Disk Administrator recognize my hard drive as ~7.8Gb. It shows that drive C: has about 6Gb (I don't remember exactly, but it less that it used to be) and drive D: is much more smaller:eek:. There is no such a string with words "ext3", "linux", "swap". What happened? I never used any utility that "helps" BIOS work with "big" hard drives such as MaxBlast and others, which writes some code in MBR.
    What should I do to install Linux?
    Help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.