How To Identify what is causing a software conflict?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of any ways to easily or at least make it easier to identify a possible software conflict between two applications i have installed on my machine.

The reason i am asking is i have installed the latest beta of Admuncher and for some odd reason it fails to acutally filter any web sites or block any popups. It simply sits there doing nothing.

The Admucher developers on their forum have said it is likely caused by my Admuncher conflicting with something else i have installed on my machine and to do a trial and error process.

I have tried this and still cant seem to find out what is wrong or causing this admucher problem.

So i was hoping if maybe there is an easier way than, disable this application. Go to a web site to see if popups are there, then do the next and so forth

Thanks
    Anthony

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

first id search teh forums and see if theres a list of software known to conflict with admuncher.

failing that, i would disable all teh startup items except admuncher and see if its works. if it does, then id gradually enable startup items til i find the conflict.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Anthony

What makes the problem worse is disabling programs doesn't always tell you anything. To really be sure you have to uninstall each program and see what happens.

Pete

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

When your computer works much slower than in the beginning, two possibilities :
    1. Too much malware OR
    2. Too much anti-malware.
    :D

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thanks for all your help everybody on this.

From my trialling and erroring i am thinking it is maybe a clash with my Online Armor. But am not 100% certain on this.

6. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

7. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I guess if youve frequented the admuncher forums then youve allready tried the usual suspects like the default filter list(filter targets) not being ticked?.Also check that admunch.dll is not being blocked with any security apps like SSM or process guard
    ellison

Last edited: May 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.