How to Identify if Spyware Blaster is running

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by vernon, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vernon

vernon Registered Member

Is it true that Spyware Blaster runs in the background, thus it doesnt need to be started up each time I connect to the internet. If I look at my processes having NOT started it up, nothing shows. It is only when I actively remember to start it do I see the Spywareblaster.exe as a running process??

Therefore if the latter is the case how can I spec it so that it starts automatically when I connect to the internet (I use Firefox).

I also have started to use Sandboxie (www.sandboxie.com). This provides the ability to run a "virtual" browser environment in a sandbox and thus avoid risk to the computer from spyware etc. Does Spyware Blaster work in this environment?

Thanks in advance

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The only time SWB needs to be started is when it is updated. Once it sets it's kill bits in the registry it does not need to be active.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Spyware Blaster does not run in the background and doesnt need to. u simply run it, update it, and then close it.

4. vernon

vernon Registered Member

thanks for replying so quickly

just one no three final questions - and I apologise in advance for sounding thick. Does this mean that I sign on my computer, then access the internet - I do not have to worry about starting Sound Blaster - I just forget about it - unless I want to download the latest update and then I have to "activate" Soundblaster to do that. Therefore normally I will never see Soundblaster as a process. Am I correct?

Q2. How do I know if it is doing its job?
    Q3. Will it be doing its job in the Sandboxie "virtual" environment?

5. vernon

vernon Registered Member

I have looked at the knowledge base, which I should have done first - my questions are answered with the exception of the third.

How does Spyware blaster work in the Sandboxie environment
    www.sandboxie.com ?

Just interested to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.