How to Harden Your Browser Against Malware and Privacy Concerns

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Chiron, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Hello, I have written an article about How to Harden Your Browser Against Malware and Privacy Concerns. This article details exactly what you need to change, or add, to whichever browser you are using in order to greatly increase both its security and privacy.

I have also separated the advice into that should not have any noticeable affect on your browsing experience, and that which will but will also greatly increase your security or privacy.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

An excellent, well written article, and all good advice. :thumb:

Kind regards

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi Chiron,

I have managed in the past to make a fairly privacy conscious firefox-lite version by matching the about:config contents to the pref.js of the current firefox alternative iceweasel used in the TAILS anonymity release (all of which takes place in the user's firefox profile) which is independent of the actual firefox release software.

It used NoScript, AdBlock Plus and other privacy related add-ons some of which are mentioned in your article, and some not due to inability of later firefox releases to handle add-ons.

Good article!

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.