How to Half the Price of Your Operating System.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Whether youre building a new computer or just doing major upgrades to your old one. A hefty chunk of cash is going to be spent on the OS. This is one of the major complaints users have about Windows, the high price. With XP Pro costing about £260 for a full version and XP Home not being much cheaper...
    http://www.pctechtalk.com/?m=show&id=2321

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

it sure is!!!

kinda makes me happy when thinking about Ebay :D Everything turned out to be ok when I purchased a copy from there ;)

Guess I was kinda lucky

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'd be abit scared to buy from ebay. what if it turned up and you didn't have the code to type in to register it :mad:

i'm going to have alook at prices and i might buy a OEM version of windows if i build a PC. i might build a PC and get 3/4 cheap OEMs then sell some at ebay :D

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

lol, that could be nice :)

If you purchase from someone that has good rep. or has sold numerous stuff (I purchased mine from a local reseller at ebay), in general you should be good. it is a rather strict community however you need to be carefull like allways and everywhere :D just like in real life (that doesn't sounds too good he?...;))

But it is waaaay overpriced they are right about that.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i suppose they have a pretty good system at ebay. :) i have only lurked there. i was going to join but when i entered a web based email address they wanted my credit card no. or i could have given my ISP email address without a credit card no. is that how it works?

i was reading that the new Mac Mini could be the beginning of the end for MS. but, then again it could have been a journalist who needed to meet a deadline. what about Linux, why doesn't that do better o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.