How to get rid of virtual partition

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by ziggy71, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziggy71

ziggy71 Registered Member

I installed the free version of Returnil to test and installed a virtual partition in the process. I searched the forums for an answer to my question but was unable to find any answers. My question is how do I delete this partition if I no longer want to use it and return its storage to the real partition on which it is installed? Will uninstalling Returnil also remove the VP or are there other methods?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

ziggy

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi ziggy71 and welcome to the forums :)

Recommended: When you uninstall RVS, there will be an option to uninstall the VP. See the uninstall section of the manual for a screenshot of the applicable screen and its checkbox.

Only if needed: You can also remove it manually by:

1. Backup any data inside the VP you want to save
    2. Dismount the VP in the RVS GUI or using the right click menu for the tray icon or the toolbar
    3. Open the C:\Returnil folder (is hidden so you will need to activate the "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows Explorer
    4. Delete the RVSYSTEM.img file

Mike

3. ziggy71

ziggy71 Registered Member

Coldmoon,
    Thanks for the response. I thought I had read the manual thoroughly but guess I missed that. Anyway, I'm glad to know how to remove the VP. Since I have other drives/partitions other than the system drive, it probably makes more sense to use one of those for storage instead of creating a virtual partition.

Thank you, ziggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.