how to get rid of mru

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by bigbore, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore

bigbore Registered Member

hows it done guys?i got ad-aware

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

3. bigbore

thanks ,now how to do a hard drive clensing,whats the best program?is there a certain way or program to wipe it clean?even with a format if need be

4. bigbore

ttt??

5. securityx

securityx Registered Member

That program is over two-years old. So many of the MRU paths have changed with program updates, etc, that this particular program is pretty much worthless. It seems to be abandonware, which is a shame. Javacool has insisted in his forums it's not, but most agree that it is. If it's not been abandoned, then it's been put out to pasture with no food and water to die a miserable death.

----securityx----

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

7. securityx

securityx Registered Member

I saw that. If you read through that thread, he has also said that for the last year. Almost word for word, the exact same answer. I can't do better. It's free and if he wants to work on it, he will. If not, he won't. The actions seem to show the latter. There's other tools that do a lot of the same thing so I'm not worked up about it. I was just warning someone that the Javacool program is outdated and probably not very reliable. Program paths change fairly often and there are hundreds of frequently used applications that aren't even covered since there's been no update in over two years.

----securityx----

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.