How to get rid of Goback

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by anupamtr, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anupamtr

anupamtr Registered Member

Hi ! I installed norton goback & now it's taken control over my machine. It simply does not boot or respond [I hv Windows XP]. I tried everything suggested at the Norton site but nothing works. The biggest problem is that even the keyboard stops responding. Please help !

Rgds

Anupam

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

You should be able to disable from the boot menu or windows

There should be an uninstall prog on the install disk - not sure what is called - link on norton site.

If none of that works Goback can be diables by changing the partition id type with a disk editor - try the other things first

3. anupamtr

anupamtr Registered Member

Thanks, Buddy. But the problem is that the machine doesn't boot. Even the bootable floppy disk does not work. Only a bootable CD works but the keyboard gets immobilized so you can't use any option that the bootable CD throws up ! Can you please elaborate the second optiona little more ? Thanks. Anupam

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you have a USB keyboard you might want to try a psp connection it might allow your keyboard to remain functional

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.