How to format a RAID 0 hard drive?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello,

I am thinking about reformatting my hard drive which is a RAID 0. I've never owned a RAID 0 hard drive much less reformat one. I am wanting to reformat it because when I install Windows Vista when its released to consumers, I want to know how to format the drive.

Thanks in advance, if anyone can assist me.

Gracie

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Gracie,

You have a Dell, right? There's a screen that pops up after POST. It says something about healthy Raid. Just hit the key to get into that screen. You will see a screen that looks like the BIOS screen. A column on each side. In there you can select what it is you want to do: check Raid array, Format Drives (quick or full format)

Before you format, I'd run the Dell Diagnostics program (on quick Diagnose) if there are "no disc errors" you can do a quick format, it's much quicker than a full.

If you're not comfortable w/ the format / install, give Dell a call and let them walk you through in install. (Most of the time) I've found their tech support very helpful.

hth,

...screamer

3. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi, that's correct :). I may give Dell a call just to be sure I do everything right.. is formatting a RAID 0 harder or confusing than formatting a regular hard drive just curious?

Gracie

4. screamer

screamer Registered Member

No, not at all, there are only a few added steps as mentioned in the pop up screen.

If you decide to go it alone, I'd D/L the nVidia drivers from the Dell site or have your "Dell Resource Disc" handy w/ all the drivers available.

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.