How to force reboot after upgrade

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wallop, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallop

wallop Registered Member

Hi

I'm using the "upgrade client" option from the remote admin server to upgrade clients to eset a/v 4.2.67.10. I have /qn /REBOOT="Force" as the command line string. The client's do not reboot after upgrading. Any ideas why? Tried on XP and Win7 pc's.

Thanks

wallop

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Hi!

because /REBOOT="Force" is a command that will force a reboot only if Windows Installer and the application itself decide a reboot is necessary . As ESET have made it so that the Windows Installer doesn't want a reboot when upgrading NOD32/ESS from an older version , this option (/REBOOT="Force") is unnecessary for you.

I am not aware of an option in the ESET programs themselves that can reboot the whole computer . Some other busiess security companies offer this but I haven't seen in ERA so far.

3. wallop

wallop Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I will forget about the reboot then. Strange that the ESET software recommends a reboot after the upgrade though.

Thanks again

wallop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.