How to Exclude Windows Update Sites from ESET Web Filtering?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by adscnet, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adscnet

adscnet Registered Member

Hi All,

I am using "Address Management" under "Web access protection" to prevent uses from accessing the internet by enabling this option "Allow access only to HTTP addresses in the list of allowed addresses" then I have added the following sites to allow windows updates:
    - *.microsoft.com
    - *update.microsoft.*
    - v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

But windows update didn't work, & ESET shows the following message when it try to update "Update information is not consistent".
    I know there is a way in ESET to stop showing windows updates messages but I don't want that.

Did anyone had this problem before or found the solution for this?

Thanks for the help.

2. cerdmier

cerdmier Registered Member

I'm having the same issue. Anyone?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Add the following to the list of allowed addresses to make ESET updates work:
    *eset.com*

As for the addresses required for Windows Update, try adding * at the beginning and the and of the addresses.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Your installed operating system is ? | Your default web browser is ? | List your installed third party security software |

The sites for Windows Update that you have added manually are likely the issue, you only need to add one wildcard entry in your trusted sites zone, assuming Internet Explorer, that would be *.microsoft.com
    The others you have listed are more or less duplicates of the one above here.

Restrict access to specific websites here

Limited user accounts for younger users of your computer would be in order if this is the case.

ESET offers limited Parental Control settings here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.