how to exclude Spybot from scan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jayt, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Someone just asked about excluding ewido from scan. I have no problem with ewido, but everytime I scan with Nod32 I have countless Spybot files listed in blue (indicating that they are locked, I think). They are listed as C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot Search and Destroy... Anyway, how do I exclude Spybot from the scan. Please be specific. Thanks.
    btw-It is strange but I don't seem to have any AdAware files being shown as locked (in blue).
    Also, this is not urgent, but I don't see the necessity of seeing all those blue Spybot (password locked) files. :p

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Jayt, I like the colour Blue, it's a favorite of mine ;)

I am wary about excluding files from being scanned, I prefer to have Nod32 scan absolutely everything. A locked file is generally a "Swap" file or as in this case Password Protected. If you can get used to seeing Blue, it would be better... ;) :D

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear. I kind of like blue too. And in this, as in all things pertaining to Nod32, I bow to your superior knowledge. :p

4. john smith

john smith Registered Member

My scans also suddenly started showing those protected files in Spybot. If you're sure you won't need to restore them (the Wild Tangents, Doubleclicks, etc.) you can purge them from Spybot, using the recovery button. Then you won't see them anymore.

John S.

5. jayt

jayt Registered Member

John Smith you are absolutely correct. Thank you very much. I would never have thought of that solution, but it really works. :)

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It's one that I had forgotton about as well...

Oh well Jayt, less Blue for you ;) :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.