How to exclude a internet application from web scan?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by haerdalis, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haerdalis

haerdalis Registered Member

Hello.. I use .650, and I was wondering how I can exclude a net application from web scan?

The last version that supported the tristate checkmark thingy was .621 (I haven't been able to place a X in the checkbox since that version), only not checked or checked.
    I have tried click, doubleclick, tripleclick, Alt+click, Ctrl +click, Shift +click, same with rightclick, none produces an X in the checkbox.

Protocol filtering is set to "Applications marked as internet browsers or email clients".

After updating my firewall to Outpost Pro 2008 NOD32 scans everything, no matter what the checkmark says (except a single app I somehow managed to mark with an X with a earlier version of NOD32).

2. sparx

sparx Registered Member

If you have protocol filtering set to "Applications marked as internet browsers or email clients", you won't have the red checkmark option. This is because when protocol filtering is set to this option, all applications are excluded from the HTTP filter except for the applications that are checked on the browser list.

3. haerdalis

haerdalis Registered Member

Oh, thank you.. The gui and documentation is a bit confusing in this area..
    The gui seems to say that things with X's won't be intercepted, checked will, and unchecked may or may not.

Ideally the checkbox should toggle between X and unchecked in this mode, then there wouldn't be any confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.