how to do an image to DVD???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jakesully, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakesully

jakesully Guest

I am trying to figure out how to burn an image of an XP laptop to dvd? I see I can do this to a cd but not dvd?

2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

You will have to image the laptop to another hdrive, either over a network, an external enclosure or to a 2nd hdrive in the laptop. If you make the tib file sizes 700 mb, you can drag and drop them to a reliable burn prog for cd or dvd

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As it says in the manual, you have to format the DVD disks with a packet writing program such as Drag to Disc, InCD etc.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jakesully,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The current version of Acronis True Image does not write to DVD disсs directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. We may recommend you to install a UDF packet DVD writing software such as Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD, format DVD disсs by means of this software and then use formatted disсs with Acronis True Image.

Please also read more information about writing on DVD in our FAQ.

Please note that a possible workaround is to create image archives on local or network hard drives specifying the image archive split size and burn them to DVDs later.

We will certainly implement direct DVD recording in Acronis True Image in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.