how to do a clean windows 10 install without upgrading first

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Sep 5, 2015.

1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

ill keep this short its really very very easy to do.

you need to have an iso of the matching version to your previous os i.e. home or pro and x86 or x64.

extract the iso (or you can mount it if you know how) go to \Windows\x64\sources and copy gatherosstate.exe to your desktop. run this file (may have to select run as admin) it will create the file GenuineTicket.xml on your desktop. SAVE THIS somewhere like a usb drive or otherwise YOU NEED IT LATER.

now install windows 10 clean once done copy the file you saved GenuineTicket.xml to the folder
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\ClipSVC\GenuineTicket

now reboot the machine. you should now be activated.

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Is this a Microsoft approved process or is this a workaround discovered by someone?

If it is an MS process, why did they not mention this from the start? It would have saved me a lot of time if I had known about it.

3. zfactor

it is a workaround but i assure you ms knows about it as i have verified with my contacts there and while they do not technically support it i was told it does work fine by them directly. they knew about it working before releasing the os and later some people figured it out and now its posted online. i was told they had no intention of telling people this would work it just happens people always look for workarounds and someone found it.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Nice. I wasted hours and hours on failed upgrading attempts until I was somehow able to upgrade. Wish I knew it that time.

5. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

does the same technique work for windows 8

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What do you mean? Upgrade to win 8?

7. zfactor

no it does not.

8. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

according to my searches on google windows 8 was only available as an upgrade and windows 8.1 was available as a complete OS (upgrade not needed) as well as an upgrade

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.