how to disable NAV when NAV icon is not in the system tray

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by forumc, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forumc

forumc Registered Member

Hi,

Anyone knows how to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in the system tray? (In the good old days, I used to right-click on the icon then select disable). Story below:

Heard about the freeware CutePDF Writer from an AutoCAD user group and managed to install it, but not sure if the installation was fully successful as it was not found as a system printer. The help files says: "CutePDF Writer installs itself as a "printer subsystem". I suspect it may have something to do with not disabling NAV during installation. Anyway I uninstalled it, restarted, opened Windows Task Manager [Processes], selected NAVAPSVC.EXE, [End Process] then tried to reinstall CutePDF (via Windows Explorer). Each time I clicked on the Setup file, nothing happened and Task Manager showed Window Explorer as not responding. It was impossible to end task Window Explorer and I ended up having to restart.

Anyone able to throw light on the situation? Thanks

2. Microtao

Microtao Registered Member

hi, forumc
    I know how to disable NAV, but it possible can't solve your problem.

Right click on "My Computer" -> select "Manage" -> click "Server and Application" -> "Server" , then you'll find some "Norton ...." item , disable !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.