how to disable email client protection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by associates, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. associates

associates Registered Member

Hi,

I am new to this AV but I have heard quite a lot of good things about it. This actually prompts me to give it a try by installing the trial version one. We are a small business with around 10 staff in total. I take care of its IT daily operation to make sure things going smoothly. We run BitDefender Internet Security 2011 on all PCs, staff's laptops and Mail Server which currently runs on XP Pro. We do have a File Server running on HP Proliant ML110 G3 so we run the BitDefender AV for the File Server.

Anyway, we haven't had a really nice experience with it so far. There are always problems every now and then. If it's not slowing down the performance, it would crash while scanning. So I was planning to change it to something else. Here I am, trying out the ESET Smart Security 5 (which I believe got everything I need to secure our network).

So far I haven't had any major issues with it except that I noticed it has Email Client protection (i.e. anti spam, etc) feature. My question is how to disable it as I am not using it.

We are hosting our own mailserver that has got an Anti SPAM software installed called ASSP. It takes care of spam before they even get into our INBOX.

I am probably not that worried if it's enabled on all PCs or laptops but only the mail server (but it's good to know how to disable it). I'm going to install it on the mail server so I am just nervous that it'd cause any problems with ASSP.

I also noticed there is ESET created in Outlook as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd merely add that for Business licenses (> 5 users) the latest version available is v. 4.2.71.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.