How to disable ekrn.exe temporary..

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Naheed, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naheed

Naheed Registered Member

Is there anyway to disable ekrn.exe temporary? Actually I have 2 computers with ESET Smart Security 4. Suppose 1 computer is up to date cant I transfer the updates files to the other computer? But this applies for big update files. (to avoid downloading it again) I have tried doing this in the other machine but the old files dont overwrite because they are in use.. But works well in safe mode. so is this possible? Any ideas?

Thanks...

2. pinjoa

pinjoa Registered Member

hello,
    this is a strange request... i think thats not possible to stop the "ekrn.exe" service...

but if you are using the business edition you can download the updates in one computer and replicate the updates to other computers...
    :rolleyes:

3. Naheed

Naheed Registered Member

Hi,

Pinjoa, Actually I have the home edition. So that means it is not possible to replicate the update files to other computers from windows. So I guess if there are big update files I will use and replicate these update files in the other machine through safe mode coz it works fine in safe mode it allows to overwrite the old files.

Thanks... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.