How to disable 'document protection' permanently

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ZeroNoel, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroNoel

ZeroNoel Registered Member

Good morning,

I am using ESET NOD32 v4 edition. I would like to disable the 'Document Protection' module permanently. If I disable it in setup it becomes disabled. But after restarting computer it becomes enabled again.

Is there any way to disable it permanently?

With my best regards, Alex

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello ZeroNoel,

The document protection module cannot be permanently disabled. It can be disabled while the machine is running but it will enable upon start-up or restart.

Thanks,
    Richard

3. Krauser

Krauser Registered Member

Even with a registry hack? I really hate when I cannot completely customize something on my machine, I don't need document protection to run at all.

Maybe I'll try making a small login script to disable it, but as it stands I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription.

Thanks.

Also, OP did you by chance figure out a workaround?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you explain what's the problem with document protection? Disabling it won't free up memory or make scanning faster.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yep . Use v3.0.694 :) This version is very stable and has no additional not so useful functions , IMO.

6. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

I'll second this, except for the problem I have but have fixed anyway so no biggie.

All hail and bow down to NOD32 3.0 .... HIP HOP HOORAY ! o_O :blink:

7. Krauser

Awesome, will my current login work with 3.0.xxx? Also, what are the major differences between 3 and 4?

Thanks.

EDIT: Grabbed 3.0 from here, http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2100 I take it that's the latest version of 3.0?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

9. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

I am just curious what issue did this document protection cause? So I may have an idea of something to look for in case there is a problem in the future.

10. Krauser

Thanks for the advice, I'm running 3.0.694 now and it's EXACTLY what I wanted, it feels so much more nimble than 4.0 and DMON is no where in sight.

The only problem was that I couldn't permanently disable it, I've set my family up with NOD32 - my parents run a 5 year old computer, it's slow as hell. I try to optimize it as much as I can, with their computer DMON (Document Protection) was taking anywhere between 10-50 seconds to scan a recently downloaded file or e-mail. It was dreadfully annoying, anyways, now with 3.0694 everything is looking good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.