how to delete .tib files in the hidden acronis secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by choupiwen, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choupiwen

choupiwen Registered Member

i have backed up the whole C partition(14G) in the acronis secure zone(33G) with one time in full mode for the first, and then later two times in incremental mode.now i'm trying to backup it the fourth time in incremental mode but it says there is no enough space.
    so i decide to delete the second and third tib files which was in incremental mode builded.but in the hidden zone i can't do this because i can not even find the tib files!
    now what should i do if i want backup my c partition still in the acronis secure zone?

of course i can increase the hidden zone's size,but i find it's not the right way to deal with this problem,because for later if i backup some more times,the size of the hidden zone must be increased more and more untill....
    so can anyone help me and show me how to delete .tib files in the hidden acronis secure zone?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Individual .Tib files cannot be deleted by a user. The secure zone works on the FIFO basis. However with just one full image and the rest of the space filled with incrementals the zone management is somewhat painted into a corner. It wants to operate its FIFO method but does not want to leave orphaned incrementals behind.
    The solution is to create a new full image. This will should overwrite the first full image and the now redundant incrementals will be able to be over written.
    I have sized my secure zone more generously and in fact only store full images. I therefore have never come across your particular problem. What happens day by day is scheduled backups are made and the oldest one automatically falls out of the stack.
    Hope this makes sense.

Xpilot

3. choupiwen

so you mean i can make and save more than one full image at one time in the hidden zone,that i can choose to restore with or delete any of them at any time if i want; or only one full image is allowed to be created? for the second situation,is it means that there is a contradiction between "having more than one full image at one time" and "use the hidden secure zone"?
    whatever,thanks a lot for your detailed answer:)

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

“so you mean i can make and save more than one full image at one time in the hidden zone”
    Yes.

“that i can choose to restore with or delete any of them at any time if i want”
    You can choose to restore from any images stored in the ASZ, but you cannot delete anything stored there.

5. TheWeaz

The only way a user can delete backups in the ASZ, is to completely delete the ASZ and everything in it.
    TI can delete backups, and will do so as needed.

6. choupiwen

I see.
    ATI does not support "parallel" full images in the ASZ (but it will be ok if they are saved in other partition which can be seen under the windows operation system).

another simple question:
    is this possible,that the "F11" funktion works without ASZ?

7. TheWeaz

“ATI does not support "parallel" full images in the ASZ”
    I don’t know what you mean, but –
    “so you mean i can make and save more than one full image at one time in the hidden zone”
    Yes.

“is this possible,that the "F11" funktion works without ASZ?”
    No, not that I’m aware of.

8. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

choupiwen,

Regarding the F11 function you should be aware that the activation of Startup Recovery Manager will modify your Master Boot Record and take away the option to boot into Windows Safe mode by hitting F8.

The F11 function is really not necessary, since you can always use the Rescue CD instead. Loosing F8 is a high price to pay for the F11 convenience in my opinion.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello choupiwen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that if there is not enough free space in Acronis Secure Zone to create an image, then Acronis True Image deletes the oldest full image with all subsequent incremental backup images.

If there is only one full image (with subsequent incremental backup images) left and full backup is in progress, then this only full image (with subsequent incremental backup images) is deleted.

Otherwise (only one full image left, and incremental backup is in progress) then you will get out of space error. In this case you will have to either create full image or increase the Acronis Secure Zone size.

You can always check how much free space left in Acronis Secure Zone on the second page of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard.

As it was said above, F11 function is not available if you do not have Acronis Secure Zone and Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is not activated.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.