How to define a scan via NOD config editor?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I had tried using the following setting via NOD Confguration Editor to setup a weekly scan. However after installation the scan never ran as NOD32 did not lile my use %installdir% in the working directory field. Will the attached setting work for a scheduled scan and if not how does one specify a path to NOD32.EXE without hard coding the path to the file in the config file?

Attached Files:

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Yup, I leave the work directory blank, just like that. Even if NOD32 is installed into the E: drive instead of the C: drive, it works just fine.

I think that if the working directory is left blank, then it assumes the directory of the nod32krn.exe executable, which is at the same location as nod32.exe under normal circumstances.

3. enduser999

Just a followup to my inital post. If the config file simply has nod32.exe as the application to run, as shown in the screenshot in the first post of this thread, then the scan fails as NOD can not find the exe file. Will using %INSTALLDIR%\nod32.exe instead for the path to the executable allow it to find the exe?

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Since %INSTALLDIR% is not always defined, I would suggest you just define your NOD32 executable explicitly. eg. C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Oops. I went back and took a look at my configuration files, and I noticed that they do have the full path in the File field, not "nod32.exe" by itself. My bad. :blink:

Where are you getting this %INSTALLDIR% variable?

6. enduser999

On page 32 of the Administration Installation Guide (nod32raman.pdf)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.