how to create on dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dreamer12, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamer12

dreamer12 Guest

i made a backup from my whole hd ,its 26gb but how i put it now on dvds

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I'm afraid you can't. You'll need to create a new image using either of the following methods:

1. Image direct to UDF formatted DVD+/-RW, leaving TI to split the image automatically across several DVDs as per the TI FAQ or User's Guide. Unload all non essential apps from the taskbar before commencing and burn at a slower write speed to minimise chance of errors.

or (and possibly more reliable)

2. Image to separate partition or second HD, choosing to split the image manually at a fixed size of 635MB. Use your normal DVD burning software (not UDF packet writing) and burn a maximum of 7 .tib files per blank ISO 9660 DVD+/-R or RW.

Regards

3. dreamer12

dreamer12 Guest

thanx for your reply
    is there any other program where i can burn my backup straight to dvd beside norton ghost

4. Menorcaman

I'm not sure I understand the question. I'm not aware of ANY program out there that can take your existing 26GB image, split it into correct size parts and burn them direct to DVD.

As I indicated in my previous reply, TI can burn a new image to DVD+/-RW provided the disks are UDF formatted and your packet writing software is installed (which it will be if you've UDF formatted the DVDRWs).

Regards

5. dreamer12

dreamer12 Guest

thanx for u answer

6. bern

bern Registered Member

forgive my ignorance but what is TI and also what is udf

thanks in advance

7. Menorcaman

UDF = Universal Disk Format. In order to use packet writing software (drag-and-drop capability) such as Nero InCD, the CD+/-RW or DVD+/-RW needs to be UDF formated by your packet writing program.

TI = An abbreviation for True Image (sometimes written as ATI -Acronis True Image).

Regards

8. dreamer12

dreamer12 Guest

dvds maded but still have problems

i made now a new backup from hd,i had 24gb to backup so i splitted in to 6 dvd -r because + r dont work with ti. now the first disk dont boot ,i did then 6 bootdisks (floppys) but it gives me also 1 error when i boot from floppy and boot from first dvd dont work also so what i need to do ...or do i need to reinsrall windows and true image and then put my cds in to restore my pc as beforeo_Oo_O??

regards

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: dvds maded but still have problems

Hello dreamer12,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please note that Acronis True Image doesn't support DVD-R format and does support DVD+R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW formats.

Also you don't need to reinstall Windows in order to restore the image you have created. You should boot your computer from Acronis rescue media (CD or a set of diskettes), run the "Restore Image" wizard and follow the instructions.

If there appears error when booting from Acronis rescue media please contact support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.