How to create an "Auto-Restore" CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JediYoda, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYoda

JediYoda Registered Member

I use Acronis True Image 8.0 and Symantec Ghost 9.0. Through Ghost, I could create a Ghost (.GHO) image of a system. I then could create a Ghost Boot CD with the image on it so that the image could be restored to a computer with any user intervention. I wonder I could do the same via Acronis.

I know how to create an Acronis image and autoboot Acronis CD. But, I do not know how to merge the image on the Autoboot CD, and configure the CD to auto-restore the image to the computer without any user intervention.

Please help. Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JediYoda,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

In order to create an image saving it to the CD which is already bootabe, you just need to insert this disc and proceed with the creation of the image archive on this Bootable Rescue CD.

We do not officially support creation of the Bootable Rescue Media on DVD yet. However, you can take a look at this previous thread describing how to perform these actions.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image does not allow you to automate the restore process in any way, since you always need to pass all the steps of the Recovery wizard in order to restore your image archive.

These capabilities will most likely be added to the list of the Acronis True Image features in the future versions of a particular software, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.