How to convert digital download of TrueImage 11 to a bootable cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gbdesigns, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbdesigns

gbdesigns Registered Member

I have the download purchase of TrueImage 11 with the extended download service (2 years I think it said). Is there a way to convert the installation of the TrueImage (or download of it) to a bootable cd/dvd that can do a backup of my system?

Reason. I need to format and my computer is ICE SLOW for some wierd error that happened (reason i formatting). I wanted to convert the trueimage 11 to a bootable cd/dvd.

Couldn't find a forum that talked about this already. Thanks

2. como

como Registered Member

Install TI 11 on your computer, after starting the program you are able to create a bootable CD or flash drive. You can create an image of your disk from Windows to a second disk or external disk, after creating the image verify it from TI.

Boot with the CD or flash drive and make sure that you can read all your drives and the image, check by verifying the image from the CD again, The CD is Linux based and may not see all your drivers, if you have a problem then you can make a BartPE disk which uses Windows drivers or you could make a Vista boot CD, both using Mustangs guides. Both are likely to make images and restores faster than the Linux rescue disk.

You are able to restore a drive from Windows but it requires a reboot into the same Linux environment, so if the CD can’t see your drives then restoring from Windows will have the same problem.

There is no need to format the drive before restoring as TI carries out a format during restoration.

I suggest that you read the user manual and GroverH beginers guides, you will find a link to the guides in the tread Product Links, FAQs & Useful Forum Threads (updated October 16th 2007) ar the top of the forum.

3. gbdesigns

Thanks Como

"Install TI 11 on your computer, after starting the program you are able to create a bootable CD or flash drive..."

Will that create the regular bootable cd of TI 11? I would like to create a backup of the hard drive from that cd? Prob I have is that the computer is ice slow in windows, but if I can boot up on a TI 11, I can backup the defected OS (if that's what is causing this error). and then start over with a fresh install of WinXP Pro

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

By all means backup your data but I cannot see any point in backing up a crippled OS. If you restore such an image it would give you a perfect copy, another crippled system.
    As you have an XP installation CD why not run a repair install to fix any OS problems? You would have to download a whole heap of Windows security updates but all your installed programs and data should remain in place unharmed.
    Now with your system running properly again is the time to back it up so you will never have to take the time and effort to do a repair install again.

Xpilot

5. gbdesigns

okay, I think I found the answer in Chapter 11 of the user guide.

It says "If you purchased Acronis True Image Home on the Web or as a download from a retailer, you can create bootable media using the Bootable Media Builder. For this, you will need a CD-R/RW blank, DVD+R/RW blank, several formatted diskettes (the wizard will tell you the exact number), or any other media from which your computer can boot, such as a Zip drive."

Thank you for your assistance

6. gbdesigns

Yeah, I tried the windows repair but it didn't work. actually hung. I had a backup of the computer months ago and right now have several files throughout the computer that I want to resave. I had planned (yep had) to backup again this weekend. but two days ago the computer started it's freezing.

I'm not planning to restore it, but i wanted to backup an image so I can take files back out manually into a fresh version of windows. Plus my computer had several loose files I've slowly found of programs I've tried which didn't fully delete themselves.

7. como

como Registered Member

I assume that you realize that you will only be able to copy data files, most programs will require reinstallation as they will put files in various places and will write to the registry. If your data files that you wish to restore are in 1 or 2 folders then you could image those separately via file and folder backup.

8. gbdesigns

Yes I do.

i just rather do an image backup in case there is some file I missed. mainly it's all the my doc folders, and some data files in other folders (email, files that didn't save in the my docs, etc) that I'm worried about. I have a restore cd I created already that is of windows xp pro sp2 with some basic programs already on it. :) it won't be a total reinstall, but some.

9. gbdesigns

Ok. I know this next question is not related to acronis and I already know (call tech), but just want to see if someone might know a fix. I used acronis to backup an image. works great.

now i formatted the computer and installing windows xp sp2 cd. (i just did the OS only). the system is ICE SLOW still !!!!! even with the format it was too..

The computer was extremely fast 3 days ago and longer before "whatever" happened.

It's a laptop. Toshiba satellite P15-S409 (yeah old, but not too old to surf the web and use writing programs)

before calling some tech, anyone know if this is viral related maybe or acronis (may not be.. did install v11 1-2 days before all this)?

:doubt:

10. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I doubt its TI, i've never had it slow my system down. Did you do a complete wipe of your hard drive before re installing windows? Have you installed the latest drivers for your laptop? I'd also make sure you have an antivirus installed before trying to access your backup image in case anything nasty tries to infect your new windows install.

11. gbdesigns

Yep. brand new install with formatted harddrive. working on the driver updates now but it is VERY slow compared to when the last time I've even formatted. just to open the start button takes several minutes. and ditto for any other clicks.

thanks for the info. i'll check with techs in the morning too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.