How to configure NIS2009 properly?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by powser, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powser

powser Registered Member

I've read a few threads over the past week or so, I still don't think I've managed to get some settings right.

I just want NIS2009 to automatically block every program that I have not allowed. If I want to unblock it I should be just able to go to the program control section and change the tab to allow.

Also, in silent mode, it seems to allow everything that doesn't have a rule for it. How do I make it autoblock everything without a rule??

Thanks for the input..

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Powser, Welcome to Wilders.

Silent mode will set the firewall to "Automatic" and allow known trusted programs.

I have just installed NIS 2009 to see what rules are available, but have not yet found a way to block all not previously allowed. So at the moment it is a case of setting the "Automatic program control" to OFF, then just allow/block when popup given.
    I will continue to look to see if I have missed a setting/option possible rule anywhere.

- Stem

3. powser

powser Registered Member

hi! Thanks for the welcome Stem.

:) I still think it's quite strange that a firewall with such "advance rules" settings can't seem to work in whitelist mode >>__>>

I've played fiddled around more but still can't seem to find a proper setting for it. Hope you're having better luck there! Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.