How to Clear update cache from Remote Admin

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Is there a way I can force the clients to clear their update cache remotely from NOD32.. I have browsed, and browsed through tasks and cannot find it.. I have a lot of machines that are failing to update.. They go out, and see the updates but cannot apply them.. As soon as I clear cache manually at the server or machine it will then update, and say modules have been updated.. I really do not want to have to go out, and physically touch every machine.

This issue occured updating from 4.0.314 to 4.0.417.. I just pushed it on top of 4.0.314, and this happened.. If this is a trend to follow I am very scared..

2. pain4gain

pain4gain Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your problem. That would be cool if there was a way but there isn't.

You could create a batch file that loads after a reboot to empty out the Updfiles folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles

Or have the users go into the Setup window, Update, then click on the Clear button. That will also empty out the Updfiles folder.

I know a REPAIR install of ESET NOD32 works as well just to name a few.

I always recommend pushing out an uninstall package prior to re-installing, even if it's just a newer build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.