How to choose the best vpn provider

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Asus125, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asus125

Asus125 Registered Member

I agree. I thought that single hop service is still a reasonable choice for privacy and maybe for anonymity since Steganos is offering that kind of solution. They have been around for a while, and they are bigger company than most of vpn sellers. So is their "internet anonym vpn" just nothing?
    http://www.steganos.com/us/products/secure-surfing/internet-anonym-vpn/overview/

Steve you said you are dropping price shorly and introducing three new services. When that's going to happen? I also want make a suggestion: could you provide a singlehop service with 75 GB or 100 GB :D traffic for a smaller price?

2. I no more

I no more Registered Member

I would hope that the single hop service would be unlimited (or at least 250GB). Or perhaps you could give different options for different prices. Or perhaps make it unlimited with throttling during peak hours after the user has downloaded a certain amount already (such as 100GB).

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

I've given you enough information to make that decision for yourself. :)

Our new blogging / news vpn service is going to be free for everyone. I am unsure how many spots will be available at any one time (as we don't overload our service). We are planning on an anonymous surfing browser for our users that will be very inexpensive.

4. duk

duk Registered Member

The answer to the question of the topic is simple. What is the purpose of encrypting your Internet traffic? If it's just to be safe against eavesdropping by unauthorized persons to access your network, any service VPN resolves (obviously with a secure protocol implemented basically SSH and SSL and an apparent good policy chain of trust). In this case, it makes much difference to policy of "anonymity" of the ISP (if not malicious of course) or how many hops there are in the connection between you and the destination, because surely ALL otherwise monitor your connection. If you want "anonymity" then we need you even implement your private network and control it (or search for a compromised server and use it "illegally")

However, if the purpose is to do illegal things, then the answer is the same.. because nothing will prevent the authorities from reaching you (mostly using a commercial service), otherwise the ISP itself could be accused so (this is the simple reason).

5. Asus125

Asus125 Registered Member

OK. Understood. :oops:

I will be waiting for it :thumb: and thx for your time and effort. :D

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  6. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Look forward to your new offerings, Steve. I always recommend Xerobank/ShadowVPN and lately have mentioned AlwaysVPN for pre-paid solutions. Are support issues getting any better? I know that was a concern. I've never needed any so I wouldn't know.

Good luck with you new rollouts.

7. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

In 3 weeks we will have live chat support. Enjoy, you users made it possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.