how to change desktop icon logo

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by yvesj, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

hi i like to know how cant i change or replace my desktop icon logo for new one rigth now all i have is the one all ready program in ie 7 in my xp .and the choice is not to good .so what i like to do is download some new one and replace some of them with new one .is this possible to do .if so how . i did find some nice one but from there i dont know what to do with them .i did save a couple in my picture but from how do i drag them over the top of the old one o_O??.
    yvesjo_O

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

to change the icons for My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, or Recycle Bin, go to Display Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop. Select one of the items and click Change Icon. Then point it to the icon, typically somename.ico

for shortcuts, you can change their icon by right-clicking them, selecting Properties, clicking Change Icon, then point it to the new icon.

3. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

i know how for your top reply .now for shortcuts well where do i take my new icon .all the one i save they are in my picture folder .they are [jpeg image ] so from there what do i do get them to replace the icon on my desktop .like say if i want go on top of my e-mail icon and replace it .this is what i want to do is to find all my personel icon for each of icon 28 of them .i do have some really nice one now but they come with the webb site i downloaded them .
    yvesj

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

7. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.