How to buy FirstDefense?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Clive T, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

I've been trialling GD-ISR and would like to buy a single licence but (and maybe I'm being thick) I can't find a link on Leapfrog's site. The trial version's splash screen says "to obtain a licence key visit us at www.leapfrogsoftware.com" but when there there's nothing about purchasing options. What have I missed?

2. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

Hi Clive,

Of course I cannot find the exact information on LeapFrog's site but you have to purchase through either Raxco or two other distributers.

For Raxco it's: http://www.raxco.com/products/fdisr/

Hope this helps.

Bill

3. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

All vendors have been mentioned over on this thread.

4. Clive T

Thanks, Bill. I now have another problem because I've vowed never to deal with Raxco again after an unfortunate experience last year. I don't suppose you can recall who the other distributors are?

Regards

5. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

Read my linked post above ;)

6. Clive T

Thanks, Panther. Your post crossed with my last one. However, it seems that Peer Software only sell volume licences. Do you know whether the software that Software Pursuits sells (BootBack) is exactly the same as FirstDefense-ISR. In other words is the product key interchangeable?

7. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

It's one and the same software - in another GUI ;)

8. Clive T

Thanks Panther. I might have to get the plastic out now :)

9. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I found out the hard way of how to purchase FD. I trialled the software from Leapfrogsoftware, and in their demo version they have a box to enter a key once product has been bought before trial ends. Leapfrogsoftware don't sell the product to individuals so entering a key is pointless as Raxco don't provide this by email as it comes integrated with the product.

10. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

That`s one thing I don`t like about FD. You have to install the exe then install any updates after. You should be able to download the full updated program as new releases are put out. Not a real big deal but a pet peeve I guess. ;)

11. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Once FD is installed, and paid for, I think updates should work automatically somehow. This is perhaps something the engineering guys need to look at - a way to install updates from within the program itself instead of having to obtain it via a website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.