How to backup, validate then shutdown?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CretanKid, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CretanKid

CretanKid Registered Member

I am backing up selected folders/files to another under-used network PC. I've set this remote PC to auto-power-on at 01:50, and scheduled TI9 to start backups at 02:00, followed by backup validation. This all works fine and only takes 10 minutes, but I then want to shutdown the remote PC for the night.

I have tried setting up a post-backup user command to shutdown the remote PC, but this is executed BEFORE the validation stage, which of course fails because the remote PC is shutdown. I've also tried moving the XML code block for <user_command> in the .tib.tis file, to after the <check> block, but it's ignored.

Anyone know how to do this?

2. CretanKid

CretanKid Registered Member

Ok, eventually found the answer ...

If you schedule a task to backup/validate/post user command, the .tib.tis file is structured like this:

<backup>
    ...blah blah blah
    </backup>

<user_command>
    <command mode="backup" ... blah blah blah
    </user_command>

<check>
    ...blah blah blah
    </check>

In other words, the <user_command> is before the validate section ... (a TI bug methinks!) so if the user command is to shut down, you can never perform the validation.

To fix this, you need to edit the .tib.tis file manually (not with the TI GUI) so that it is structured thus:

<backup>
    ...blah blah blah
    </backup>

<check>
    ...blah blah blah
    </check>

<user_command>
    <command mode="check" ... blah blah blah
    </user_command>

and then it works!

NB: don't forget to change the <command mode> within the <user_command> block, from "backup" to "check" (underlined above).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.