How to Anonymize Everything You Do Online

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lotuseclat79, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

How to Anonymize Everything You Do Online.

-- Tom

2. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

But if you log into a site over HTTP then anyone could see your login info. And last I heard too, you don't really want to do online banking over Tor

http://www.instructables.com/id/Go-Online-without-Getting-Snooped-Tor-The-Onion-/
    ("Dave" In the comments section ^)

It's great (and a bit weird) that Tor is almost becoming a household name compared to back in say 2007 or earlier. But I don't think these articles/people really get how to use it.

edit
    Basically, I wouldn't pipe my entire internet connection-EVERYTHING that comes and goes from my computer over Tor, because not everything is encrypted.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Right. Not if you want to keep the account usable, anyway ;)
    It's utterly amazing how many people have no clue about how many things. Or maybe it's not :(
    Even more importantly, not everything needs to be anonymized. And the more you do via Tor that leaks your true name in one way or another, the greater the risk that you'll compromise your anonymity. Indeed, it's a very bad idea to even mix anonymous and non-anonymous stuff on the same machine!

4. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

It only takes a small amount of personal info for someone to find you these days on the Internet. Just don't reveal ANY personal info on your anonymous identity. People were able to identify Sabu based on the personal info he revealed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.