How to add a network driver

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schlatho, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlatho

schlatho Guest

Hello together
    I'd like to add a other network driver to de rescue boot cd from true image server. How can i do it?

is it possible??

thx

2. Nick_morris

Nick_morris Registered Member

Hi what exactly do you require do you want to image across a network? Nick.

3. schlatho

schlatho Guest

Yes, i have to integrate a amd network driver... i will made images from e virtual machine on a esx server!

Thank you!

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

The boot CD recognizes the VMware nic. Is that what you are asking? AFAIK you cannot add drivers, no one has ever posted that they were able to do this.

5. schlatho

schlatho Guest

uff, that's no good, because acronis doesn't recognizes de vmware nic...
    but i will have a look tomorrow!

thx!

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

It recognizes the nic in the release build of VMware workstation 5. Could you use the workstation version?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schlatho,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If your network card is not recognized by Acronis Bootable CD please make sure this CD is created with the latest (826) build of Acronis True Image. The latest build is available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/ after you register the software at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/products/registration/. After you instal the latest build please create new Acronis Bootable CD with it and check whether the problem persists.

If it does please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround described at Acronis Help Post and if this doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt as described at the same post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. schlatho

schlatho Guest

Thank you very much for the reply.
    Now, i've done the image. my problem is, that im unable to changes files in the image.

Example:
    1. I attach de image as a drive at my machine.
    2. i will replace some files in the folder Winnt\system32\drivers of the image
    3. now, there is the error message "no write access"

Why that? I'am administrator on the machine. I can't modify something at the image!

Can you help me pleaseo_O

9. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Correct. The name is "True Image". If you were able to modify the image, it would not be a true image of anything.

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello schlatho,

You can copy files from a mounted image but I'm afraid you can't move, modify or delete them.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.