How the heck do I fix a license problem?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bornconfuzd, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi all,

Here's my problem. I've set up a second computer at home and of course I want Nod32 on it, so when I see that Newegg has the oem disk on sale I buy one, receive it, go online to ESET, activate and install it. A few days later Newegg has the oem disk on sale again so I buy another one, go online to ESET, activate it and update my installed Nod32 with the second Username and Password believing that it would simply extend my first Username and Password by a second year.

That did NOT happen. I wound up with two Usernames and Passwords expiring at the same time!

So, I sent an email to ESET Customer Care explaining what I had done and asking them to help. In just a couple of days I received a reply from Customer Care verifying that I had two licenses going at the same time on this computer, and that if I wanted to just extend one of them no problem, that I should call Sales at "this number" and they would take care of it for me.

So I called "Sales", only to be met by a brick wall! I had a fellow and then his supervisor tell me over and over again that by company policy there was nothing they could do for me except sell me another license and that I should go back to Newegg for help! When I said to them that Newegg would not help me because the disks had been opened, activated and installed they just said that was the best they could do. When I asked them why Customer Care had sent me an email saying for me to call them and have one of the licenses extended, they told me Customer Care didn't know what they were talking about. When I got insistent that the supervisor stop talking over me and listen..........she hung up on me!

I called back to Customer Care and asked the fellow who answered if he knew of any company policy that would preclude extending one of the licenses he said absolutlely not, and noted on my case number that this should be done and transferred me back to Sales. Sales, apparently was not taking my calls because after 45 minutes of holding I finally gave up.

I'm sorry to make this so long, but I'm really hoping that one of the ESET reps can step in and give me a hand here!

Thanks a lot, Larry

2. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Well wow,

I'm very pleasantly surprised! As a result of several phone calls I just got a call back from an ESET Customer Care manager who has fixed the problem!

A nice fellow with a pleasant attitude and in just a couple of minutes had everything taken care of!

I don't think I should give out names here so I will just say THANK YOU J...!!

Anyway, it's been taken care of so now I can go back to telling everyone I know, everyone who'll listen, what a great program and great company Eset is!

Thanks, Larry

If the moderator wants to delete this thread, it's alright with me, since the problem was completely taken care of by Eset once I found the right person! I would do so myself, but I don't think I can, or at least I don't know how. Larry

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.