How should Suites evolve to survive.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The security climate changes very quickly and as such, most vendors still market their products for the typical Mom and Pop computer. But times are changing and even your least astute computer user, is slowly realizing this change. I personally feel for a suite to survive it comes down to 4 basic principles that are user friendly.

1. Firewall
    2.Antivirus and spyware
    3.Antispam
    4.HIPS and/or Sandboxing or virtualization

Most are still going after the infamous parental controls,backup your computer, when most users dont even understand this concept and the ever useless tune-up tool module.

Currently at this time, even with issues, I think Eset has a grasp of what the true security suite should evolve into. Also F-Secure is doing a good job at moving in this direction. The fluff age has drained the resources of the vendor and as most consumers are realizing, are nothing more then useless addons.

I only hope that 2 years from now we see suites that are functional and very secure in the 4 areas listed as these will be the ones that survive. IMO.

2. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

I hope that 2 years from now Eset will have some sort of HIPS/Sandboxing/Virtualization integrated in its currently very old-fashioned ESS. :eek:

Besides Eset nearly all "big" developers of suites are improving their products in HIPS/Sandboxing/Virtualization features.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.