How Safe is UniGuest?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheKid7, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

How Safe (from Malware) is UniGuest?

I rarely stay in Hotels. This week I stayed in a Hotel for the first time in years. Their shared Hotel Guest PC's had UniGuest. I only used them for web browsing. I would never use these PC's to access accounts (even E-Mail accounts).

Thanks in Advance.

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Keep it that way! :thumb:
    UniGuest can be found in many places,
    but I would Not trust the Security/Privacy of a PC located
    in a Public place (Hotel, Cafe, Airport etc.)

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am now in a Hotel that does not have UniGuest. It appears (not sure) that they have a Windows XP Limited User Account. I also see the DeepFreeze Icon in the tray, but I cannot access DeepFreeze. I restarted the PC, but it appears to me that DeepFreeze did not clear out the Windows Explorer History, etc. The Hotel PC has a ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed.

It suddenly hit me that the Hotel probably does not have the Dell Boot Option Menu disabled. So here I am using SeaMonkey 2.13.1 in Puppy Linux Precise (loaded from a USB Flash Drive which was made with YUMI) to make this forum Post. When Pupply Linux Precise booted, the first thing that I did was to turn on the firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.