How reliable is Paragon Drive Backup Pro?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by apathy, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

This software seems to have a great set of features. I'm just curious if it is as reliable as something like ShadowProtect or Image For Windows. If there hasn't been any testing I'll give their trial a thorough testing to see if it is worth adding to my toolkit. I like the idea of the Backup Capsule, Adaptive Restore and creating a USB backup media. Paragon has been around for ages, their backup software should be something special.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the lastest versions are a bit buggy atm. aka 9.1
    the older 9 versions are petty darn reliable and im sure 9.1 will be soon.
    I have restored hundreds of paragon images with no issues. sometimes some features dont work but if you report them to paragon they sort them out and send you builds to test.

Paragon make some great tools.

what do you mean by usb backup media?
    you do know that you can run image for dos and image for linux from a usb stick right?

3. Vanzans

Vanzans Registered Member

I agree that Paragon makes some very good software. However, my experience is that it takes a while getting to know how to use them. But that's NOT a negative criticism. It's like with everything, the more experience you have the better you get at doing something.

For example, I have made a few flawless partition clones but I have NOT had success with booting up from a Recovery CD. It sounds simple enough but I have not had luck doing it. My boot sequence is set to CD. I have downloaded the Recovery CD from Paragon, unzipped it and burned it on the same CD.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what did you use the burn the files to the disc and what options did you choose?

5. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Thanks for the info, does anyone know if this supports Windows 7?
    If you are going to burn that cd use something like imgburn which has the option to burn image. You might have burned the iso as a data cd/dvd.

6. Paragon_Cisco

Paragon_Cisco Paragon Moderator

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  7. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Vanzans,

There's a couple of options here to burn a recovery disk, depending which edition of the software you have. Typically, under Tools > Recovery Media Builder, it will automatically burn a CD/DVD or Flash Drive with the recovery media on it. There's no need to use 3rd party burning utilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.