how much ?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

any one here have a clue on how much a new mother bord with p4 chip 2ghz that has 4 pci slots will run me plus 1000mb ddr ram i think its ddr the new stuff

do they make mother bords with 4 slots for pci?

i wouldnt even bother to upgrade but my darn mother bord only holds two pci cards it sucks cause i need 4 availiable slots :(

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blaze :)

I have a little side-note:

If I remember me well: you have a Gateway computer. Am I right?
    It could be that a standard motherboard doesn't fit in your PC.
    I really hope that I am wrong here, but I would advice to try to get info whether such a motherboard, that does not come from Gateway, will fit in your machine.
    I hope that there are users who can tell you more about this topic.

3. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Blaze - something to consider: if you change the motherboard in your Gateway (assuming that's what you've got) you will no longer be able to install the OS and software from your restore disk(s) and, technically, it would be a violation of your EULA to operate the system at all with a new board and the Gateway-supplied OS. Have you tried checking with Gateway to see what they offer? If you can get the board through them, this could resolve the OS issue.

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

wha ok yup my pc is a gate way but its not in its standard box its in a huge boxwith 4 cd rom slots and like 8 slots in back for pci extentions lol i dont think room is an issue here lol

lets see as for the os disk i use the xp os single disk and none of the other stuff on the other 4 or 5 cd's except for the modem driver on the drivers disk and thats it.

so if the gateway disk says operating disk only plus i know where the xp set up is inside the disk you telling me it wont work on a new mother bord.

well lets see the gateway is mine the cd's are mine yet you telling me i can't upgrade cause gate way some mofos that screw me on 23% intrest plus didnt tell me about the pc limitations nore told me it didnt come with the following

graphics card
    room to expand
    room to upgrade
    a sound card
    the actual amount of ram to run norton and gateway utlity it came with
    told me this the pc i needed
    nore did they tell me that if the gateway cd's go bad with scratchs im screwed cause they wont replace the cds and yiu need the cd's to run gateway pc period

or maybe that the gateway mother bord needs gateway specific hardware

or that i couldnt replace the power supply cause it was soldererd on and the only one that could replace it was gateway

that everything in gateway pc's to repair must go threw gateway so they can charge you 100 bucks an hour or something like that

basicly any standard pc stuff to repair you just couldnt take it in to any pc shop

and what eula they never told me squat

as far as im concern from what they did to me and how much i over payed almost 3x the amount its worth frail them i owen it i bought it lol i should be able to do what i want with it

everything on this gateway has already been replace with standard stuff

just the motherbord left

basicly dont buy a gate way there cheaters liers they basicly con men or really bad deallers

there should be a lemon law on pc's

if your going to buy a pc have one made for your specfic needs
    with standard parts
    so things can be upgraded

make sure the following
    graphics card
    room to expand
    room to upgrade
    a sound card
    the actual amount of ram to run norton

so can i or cant i get a new motherbord if so back to the question lol?
    ps the xp cd at stores is perty cheap anyway but if i can get alway with useing the xp os cd id rather perfer it save me the 40 bucks lol

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.